A follow up to this. I have now talked to someone in dev relations at Gree. Here is the situation:
1) Any existing apps already on OpenFeint are fine until at least the end of the year. At that point they are going to decide whether to shut things down or continue supporting the sdk/service.
So if you already have OF in your Corona-based app, you are fine until the end of the year (at least).
2) The Gree SDK is currently in "open beta". They are encouraging people to sign up for it starting now. They will also have migration instructions up in the next week or two. But...
3) To Ken's point - any new apps cannot sign up for OF any more. They have to sign up for Gree.
So, where does this leave Corona developers?
- If you already have OF in your published app, you are fine. We will let you know soon what migration may look like.
- If you have a new app, you cannot sign up for OF anymore. And since we have not yet integrated Gree, you can't use that either. In the meantime, we would recommend using Game Center.
We will evaluate Gree and decide if/when that will get implemented as soon as possible. Stay tuned. Thanks for bringing this up guys. It was a bit hard to get the info as they don't have much on their site right now.
Let me know if you have any other questions...
uid: 10668 topic_id: 26768 reply_id: 108750