[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Anza Trail Now on the App Store
Started by willsingleton Dec 28 2009 07:42 PM

14 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

willsingleton

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

I created a new app with Corona, and got all the way through the iTunes Connect process, but when I got to " Upload application binary" it wouldn't let me. I tried to upload the app just as Corona created it, but they said it needed to be a zipped file, so I zipped it and then got this message:
"The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."
I am apple certified and have all the Provisioning Profiles set up properly. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 300339

pmaxim

pmaxim
  • Enthusiast

• 35 posts
  • Corona SDK

It is correct to zip application: in Mac and iPhone environment an application is not a simple executable file because it has a directory structure.
The most common problem is the use of the wrong provisioning file during compilation phase.

bye
pmaxim
uid: 2735 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 526

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks - I'll double check all my provisioning stuff.
Also, when I try to upload my application with the application uploader I keep getting this error and I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Has anyone else had a problem with this one?
" Icon.png: icon is not in the proper device format"
I googled it and found several forums discussing it - but no solution ...
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 527

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

Days later - I still can't get my app uploaded.
I checked my provisioning profiles & certificates, but it all seems Ok - runs on my iTouch just fine.
I checked all the Apple forums for "The binary you uploaded was invalid. The signature was invalid, or it was not signed with an Apple submission certificate."
and realized that this is the Apple equivalent of an idiot light in a car. It just tells you SOMETHING is wrong ...
After a couple of months of work, I seem to be totally stuck.
Any suggestions? Anyone?
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 572

Jeff Johnson

Jeff Johnson
  • Contributor

• 132 posts
  • Enterprise

I suspect that your problem is related to that icon file. I seem to recall running into a similar problem. What program are you using to generate your icon file?
uid: 5 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 574

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm using Photoshop - PNG-24, RGB, no transparency, - am I forgetting anything?
Its 2010 calendar, so I'm already late to the marketplace. Here's what the app looks like: http://singletonmultimedia.com/home.html
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 578

evank

evank
  • Contributor

• 317 posts
  • Alumni

Quick question, are you sure you signed it with the APP STORE certificate, not the AD-HOC certificate?

If the current app file will run on your device, then it's NOT signed with the correct certificate for the App Store (which is confusing, but that's how Apple designed it).

Also, can you send us your built app so we can check this out?
uid: 3007 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 579

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

um, what is the difference between the 2 certs? - that could be the problem
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 581

Jeff Johnson

Jeff Johnson
  • Contributor

• 132 posts
  • Enterprise

Functionally, the sole purpose of the store cert is for putting it in the app store. The Adhoc is designed for you to be able to distribute it to your developers and whatnot for testing purposes.
uid: 5 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 582

evank

evank
  • Contributor

• 317 posts
  • Alumni

If you log into the iPhone Developer Program Portal, and click "Certificates" in the left-hand menu, you'll see four tabs called "Developer", "Distribution", "History" and "How To". Click the "Distribution" tab, then either download and install that certificate, or create one if there isn't one created already. That one is the certificate to be used for signing the final App Store build.

If you end up making a new certificate, you'll probably also need to create the matching provisioning profile. To do that, click "Provisioning" on the left-hand menu, and again you'll see the four tabs. Click the "Distribution" tab.

From that point, it works just like the certificate you've already got: you need to download and install both the new provisioning profile and its matching certificate. I'd recommend using a name that makes it easy to tell this new set apart from the other set (like "App Store profile").
uid: 3007 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 583

evank

evank
  • Contributor

• 317 posts
  • Alumni

As an unrelated issue, it looks like you should remove the file "Icon.jpg" from your application directory before doing the build. That file (the 512x512 "large icon") gets uploaded separately to the iTunes portal, much like the screenshots; it shouldn't actually be part of your app.

The "small icon", however, should be in there, and named "Icon.png", as you've done. If you still get a weird error message about "Icon.png", then one thing to try might be re-exporting it from Photoshop using File >Save For Web And Devices, rather than the usual "Save As" menu option. I believe Photoshop stores a bunch of unwanted Photoshop metadata in the file in the normal Save routine, and you'll generally find that "Save for Web and Devices" is a much smaller and cleaner file. At least that's the way I've always done it, and haven't gotten any App Store errors so far.
uid: 3007 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 585

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yes Yes Yes! That was it - I had glossed over the fact that there are 2 profiles, so I downloaded new ones and used the Photoshop "Save for Web & Devices" export for the small icon. I am now in the "Waiting For Review" phase. Thanks for all the help!
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 590

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Let us know when the app gets approved !

Carlos
uid: 24 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 634

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

My app is up! itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anza-2010/id348602076?mt=8
The app is Anza 2010 calendar, and was built entirely with Corona - mostly from code picked up right here in the forum. Thanks for everyones help - especially Carlos, Jeff, Freshworks, pmaxim & evank!

Here are some promo codes in case anybody wants to check out the app:
TNA6FK4JKHWF
XL934639HYAT
739MHN99NHF7
4F7RNH4FWK3J
PM3HNHWLKK6N
uid: 2862 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 651

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Congratulations ! and it was our pleasure to help.

It is now on our customer page ! Ansca Customer's page

Carlos
uid: 24 topic_id: 339 reply_id: 652

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]