[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

StoryBoard Issues Thread : Please post any
Started by Danny Mar 30 2012 05:13 AM

- - - - -
108 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 5 of 5 3 4 5
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

j735

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
j735
  • Observer

• 17 posts
  • Corona SDK

@ckausik did you ever find a resolution for this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue with tableView and scrollView widgets. I know there are identified issues when using certain widgets with storyboard API, but your comment is the only one I've found so far on Ansca's site that exactly describes the behavior I'm seeing.

This only happens when I create display objects in createScene. When I insert objects into scene.view in enterScene, as opposed to createScene, the page renders correctly, but I obviously can't use any transitions since all of the display objects don't get added to the scene until after the transition.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm using Build 838.
uid: 44153 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 112586

crussell

crussell
  • Enthusiast

• 91 posts
  • Corona SDK

Interesting situation with parameter passing that may be just me going mad...

I'm passing two values between two scenes and in the 'receiving' scene is this code:

function Scene:enterScene( event )

print ("CSN : "..event.params['cakeSize'].." : "..event.params['cakeSizeName'] )
	local params = event.params
	local paramCakeSize = params.cakeSize
	local paramCakeSizeName = params.cakeSizeName

Note that when i print the values of the passed parameters cakeSize and cakeSizeName they appear as expected but I'm seeing a runtime error for the print statement that says 'Attempt to index field params (a nil value).

How can that be, when I can extract the values directly?

MrC
uid: 45444 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 112904

richard9

richard9
  • Corona Geek

• 1,118 posts
  • Enterprise

Probably not what you are looking for, but is there a reason why you are using single quotes to encapsulate your [phrases]? Usually I would expect you need to declare those as strings using double quotes or as variables (no quotes).
uid: 41884 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 112912

crussell

crussell
  • Enthusiast

• 91 posts
  • Corona SDK

Single or double quotes work equally well in Lua, it's a matter of taste really (and also a habit picked up from too many years of PHP) :)
uid: 45444 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 112953

info583

info583
  • Enthusiast

• 85 posts
  • Corona SDK

I got the same problem as crussel, only I can't access my parameters, event.params is nil and if I try to reach my event.params.mode variable I get the 'Attempt to index field params (a nil value)'.

EDIT: Is this a bug, meaning it is currently not working? I really need this for the game I'm planning to release the coming weeks and I would prefer if I didn't have to use global variables.
uid: 129450 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 114428

richard9

richard9
  • Corona Geek

• 1,118 posts
  • Enterprise

Can you post some code showing how you are passing the params?
uid: 41884 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 114456

info583

info583
  • Enthusiast

• 85 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ops my bad. Had forgotten that I use .loadScene to show a loading screen from which I had forgotten to pass the parameters to the actual scene I was going to.
uid: 129450 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 114713

tootable

tootable
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is the issue of using transitions with scenes that have objects bleeding outside the viewable area going to be resolved? I.E., a universal app at 640x960 might have full-width art that's 720 px wide to fill the letterbox area of an iPad. This little sliver still makes slide* transitions a bit ugly as that letterbox sliver pops over the new scene before blinking out.
Reported by @toby2 above.

@jonathanbeebe says bug #13718 been resolved. I'm assuming that's a different bug?

There are follow up questions by @ckausik and @j735. Trying to find @ckausik's other thread mentioned.

I'm having the same issue with build 846 with a universal app.

Anyone know if this is being worked on or have a workaround?
uid: 3915 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 115646

richard9

richard9
  • Corona Geek

• 1,118 posts
  • Enterprise

Just noticed that I can't seem to use any movement-based transitions with storyboard if I'm using widget.newTableView() on the destination. Tried them all and basically always just get left with a black screen.

ie: with slideRight all I can see is the leftmost 10 pixels or so of the tableview; there's no way to use a transition effect unless it's a fade or a vertical scroll.

Maybe that's related to above?

Also noticed a space-bleeding issue - if you build newTableView for 480x320 but test at 960x480 (simulator or on-device), you can notice a blended 1.5px gap on all four sides of every row header (.isCategory == true). Seems very similar to the weird line blending artifacts Corona shows if you try to scale a tiled display group.
uid: 41884 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 115657

[topic_controls]
« Page 5 of 5 3 4 5

[/topic_controls]