[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

StoryBoard Issues Thread : Please post any
Started by Danny Mar 30 2012 05:13 AM

- - - - -
108 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 »
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Danny

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Danny
  • Corona Geek

• 2,597 posts
  • Corona Staff

[UPDATE] The issues are fixed in daily build 781 --- Editor

Hey guys, I am seeing a lot of scattered information regarding current storyboard issues.

Daily build feedback only please.

Anyone using daily build 775 or above please post, if your using a daily build below that please update so i can get consistent feedback (I don't want to get confused getting reports of bugs that have been fixed since "x" build)

So please post your issues (if any) along with a sample of how to replicate and I will work on squashing these bugs asap.

Thanks!
uid: 84637 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 324131

ckausik

ckausik
  • Contributor

• 231 posts
  • Corona SDK

Danny: I see problems with slideLeft this storyboard fixes were done a few build ago. Sometimes the scene slides half of the display.contentWidth more than it should. So I just see half of the scene. This works up to 768. The scene has a tableView & tabBars.

uid: 19297 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97411

AdamApple

AdamApple
  • Enthusiast

• 30 posts
  • Corona SDK

The issue was (not sure if it still is) a 1 to 2 second delay between the end of creating a storyboard scene and the actual transition that takes place. This is/was unique to the iPad 3.

I've posted in 2 or 3 places AND posted a bug report regarding this issue.

I have received a reply to my bug report that this is fixed AFTER 775 so I will wait for the next daily build and then test and report back here.

I really hope this is fixed now.
uid: 126708 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97480

martin.edmaier

martin.edmaier
  • Contributor

• 206 posts
  • Corona SDK

775 Bug with Events and gotoScene when objects are falling an animating in the background button event to fast touch app freezed.

776 other Bug now Blackscreen.

Danny i can send you a testversion of my game then you can see the bug.
uid: 86417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97488

AdamApple

AdamApple
  • Enthusiast

• 30 posts
  • Corona SDK

The transition speed is greatly improved now. Thanks for that.

@martin. You mention "Blackscreen".
I built my app and put it on my devices... straight after it loads it goes to a black screen. Been playing for an hour now to resolve this and after all this time, it works again, but I didn't make any changes to the code. Is this what you're talking about?
uid: 126708 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97685

martin.edmaier

martin.edmaier
  • Contributor

• 206 posts
  • Corona SDK

@AdamApple in my case it was a removed scene and a running event in the background and when the button was to quick touch. It tried to use a var that nil. This freezed the app. My wife found the bug because she impatient when she lost and wanted to retry.

I would try to debug it with the Cider or test it through the Cider and the Ultimote.

uid: 86417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97689

Bladko

Bladko
  • Contributor

• 342 posts
  • Enterprise

build 776

transition fade in and fade out changes alpha property of each item, this looks really bad when one item is on the top of the other

Lets just create staticFade transition which works like jpg screen capture for both IN and OUT effect

Tom
uid: 111283 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97693

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

776: I filed a bug report yesterday that if you call:

storyboard.gotoScene("scenename")

and don't specify a transition, the current screen doesn't go away. I can see the other screens moving underneath it.
I don't know if this is a storyboard bug or something else. I haven't filed a bug on it yet until I have a better idea. On the Kindle Fire **ONLY** I have three issues that do not show up on my iPhone or in the Corona simulator.

1. I'm building a photo gallery application that lets the reader swipe through the photos. A single tap brings up the caption information and a control panel.

I have a display group that holds the photo title, caption and photo credits. In the sim and on my iPhone everything is positioned properly. On the KF, the box is off the screen to the left, almost like it has a display.TopRightReferencePoint applied and it takes all the text with it, except for one string (which I wonder if I didn't put that string in the display group??? un-important distraction).

This problem was showing up on my iPhone and in the Sim before the last round of display.newText fixes came along. I suspect there is something about the KF that didn't get fixed then, but I can't rule out storyboard problems at this moment.

2. The next KF issue is if I'm holding it vertically when I start the app even though I specifically say horizontal only in the build.settings file, it starts vertical and when I rotate it, the picture shifts to about 50% of display.TopRightReferencePoint and when I slide to the slide to the right, it's positioned properly, slide back left and the first slide is out of position still.

3. On the KF there is a very noticeable lag at the end of the transition that I do not see on my iPhone4.

You can see the problem here:

http://omnigeekmedia.com/tmp/IMG_0866.MOV

EDIT: Issues #1 and 2 appear to be happening on an Android device as well, so its not just a Kindle Fire issue.

From a Galaxy S II

From my iPhone4

She is also reporting #3 as well.

I did see one situation where I saw a long lag in moving a pic on my phone and it only moved it about half way. It stayed that way until I restarted the app.
uid: 19626 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 97705

toby2

toby2
  • Contributor

• 166 posts
  • Corona SDK

I submitted a bug report for the issue concerning "no transition means no scene change" in build 776 and got Case # 13296.

By the way, am I the only one who finds it impossible to find and follow up on any filed bug using the assigned case number? Submitting a bug report feels like tossing time into a black hole. I've never received any feedback on any bug I've submitted.
uid: 44647 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98058

jonathanbeebe

jonathanbeebe
  • Contributor

• 654 posts
  • Alumni

@Everyone:

So far the following 2012.776 issues have been fixed (waiting to be pushed into the daily builds):

* non-effect transtions bug
* storyboard.removeScene() error (will now print a warning instead)

----------

Regarding storyboard.removeScene(), if you call that function on a scene that is not represented by a module, you cannot reload that scene (it will be gone forever). You'll need to first create a new scene with the same name (via storyboard.newScene()). However, you CAN reload a removed scene if the scene is represented by its own module.

For scenes that are not represented by a module, you should just purge the scene instead of removing it completely (unless you're certain you won't be needing it anymore at that point).

@toby2: Looks like today was your lucky day :-)
uid: 52430 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98085

schizoid2k

schizoid2k
  • Contributor

• 564 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Jonathan,

I just updated to 776 and it appears my screen transitions are again working!

My original issue was that the fade was not fading... it was dropping down and quickly displaying the next screen.

Thanks to everyone there for all the support.

--John
uid: 114363 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98127

a.lepel

a.lepel
  • Contributor

• 104 posts
  • Corona SDK

776: New problems since 775

I have lots of new problems with storyboard in 776:

776 note: "Storyboard: Fixed several scene transition bugs. Fixed delay issues":

Up till 775 my transitions (slide left, right) worked fine.

I think that before exitScene is called a capture of the scene view was made.

This was good, because in exitScene I remove all of the visual stuff from the scene, like LevelHelper levels etc.

The capture then was moved off screen and the new scene appeared.

Now it seems that there is no capture anymore, when I remove all the LevelHelper stuff in exitScene this only leaves a black screen that is moved off screen while the new scene appears.

If I move the removal of the LevelHelper level to the new exitEnded event, the transition works, but crashes half the time...

Additionally, because now the complete LevelHelper scene is moved off screen, I have problems with all the level elements that are positioned outside the visible screen (elements for the parallax scrolling, etc.). This elements appear in front of the new scene that gets transitioned in.

I of course applied a mask to the scene that is moved off screen and with the mask I was able to hide these elements, but I don't like this solution.

MY QUESTION:

Did you intentionally remove the automatic screen capture functionality? Was this maybe the reason for the slight delay?
* If yes, please tell us if you are changing core functionality of the storyboard API.
* If not, please have a look at it - why isn't it working anymore?

I just started to do my own fix using screenCapture, but this will take ALL elements on screen, not only the elements of the scene view (so my navigation buttons etc. are captured, too)...

But really thank you for now looking at and debugging the storyboard API!
Best,
Andreas
uid: 107675 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98200

itibet

itibet
  • Observer

• 12 posts
  • Guests

Transitions are not working at all for me with 776, I had to reinstall 775.
uid: 3778 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98228

Hive

Hive
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

Its hard for me to pin down what breaks in 776 but the delay seems to be fixed. Long story short, I have a perfectly working app in 773 and in 776 my storyboard breaks from scene to scene. My scene with a table view widget doesn't load properly, other scenes start overlapping each other. Stage assets appear to go missing as well.

I am testing on Android 2.3.6 - Google Nexus S.
uid: 42417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98329

jonathanbeebe

jonathanbeebe
  • Contributor

• 654 posts
  • Alumni

We've narrowed down most of the problems in 776 and were able to resolve them. Please be patient as we get all the changes pushed in.

If 776 is breaking things for you, please resume development on an earlier build until the fixes are pushed in.
uid: 52430 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98352

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

Were these addressed in today's 777 build?
uid: 19626 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98369

jonathanbeebe

jonathanbeebe
  • Contributor

• 654 posts
  • Alumni

Not in 777—keep an eye on the release notes for each build. I'll also update it here when the build with the changes gets posted.
uid: 52430 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98378

Hive

Hive
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

I can confirm that the issues still exist in 777.
uid: 42417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98389

optionniko

optionniko
  • Enthusiast

• 46 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've got another weird bug to report.....My app has more than 50 scenes and every 3rd or 2nd contains physics bodies and phy. joints.
When i go from one scene to another(that contains physics) without any reason (that i can guess), app starts to run slower and slower, but then a just navigate to next scene and back to the original(slow) one, and everything works ok. Might this be memory issue?

This only happens on device(iPad1, 2; Kindle Fire), the bug doesn't appear on simulator.
uid: 77183 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98728

jonathanbeebe

jonathanbeebe
  • Contributor

• 654 posts
  • Alumni

Quick update —

The said changes have finally been pushed in and should appear in the next daily build (after 2012.777). Thanks for your patience!

@optionniko: You'll need to submit a bug report with a test case that demonstrates the issue, so we can rule out if it is indeed a storyboard bug or something else:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/bug-submission

The first thing I'd tell you to try is to ensure you are pausing physics in between scene changes. Another thing you can do is purge the previous scene whenever a scene is transitioned into (during the scene's enterScene event)... see if that helps at all.
uid: 52430 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 98836

optionniko

optionniko
  • Enthusiast

• 46 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey Jonathan,

I just reported bug (case #13441).

I tried pausing physics in between scenes but that didn't help.
I also forgot to say that i'm destroying (calling removeScene) all previous scenes/pages.
uid: 77183 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 99121

Hive

Hive
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there any word as to when build 778 might be available?
uid: 42417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 99256

Juf Jannie

Juf Jannie
  • Contributor

• 327 posts
  • Corona SDK

+1 on RobMiracle's problem.
I had the same problem in build 777, scene appeared beneath curent scene. I just do a remove all on the scenes and it "works"
uid: 100901 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 99319

optionniko

optionniko
  • Enthusiast

• 46 posts
  • Corona SDK

If you'd like i can also make 1 minute clip showing the bug/lag on device.?

Thanks for now!
Nick

*EDIT: finally....after 2 weeks i found out what was causing the lag...it was system.setAccelerometerInterval(). if i go above 50, the lag starts to appear.

Jonathan, you can cancel my bug report (case #13441).
Thanks.
uid: 77183 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 99201

Hive

Hive
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

I don't like to be a bother but I have a client project that we are now making difficult decisions with re: Corona. Do we launch with a lightly-broken 773 or wait for the 778 build and hope for the best? Are there any updates at all in terms of even a rough estimate for this being fixed? I appreciate all of Ansca's hard work and just want a rough idea of how we should proceed so I can pass this on to the client.
uid: 42417 topic_id: 24131 reply_id: 99579

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 »

[/topic_controls]