[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Dungeon Tap 1.0 - Ready for Sale - Promo Codes Available!
Started by jonbeebe Oct 15 2010 03:43 PM

23 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

jonbeebe

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

We're pleased to announce that our 3rd Corona-made game is finally Ready for Sale in the app store. It's called Dungeon Tap.

You can read more information about it on the official iTunes page:

http://bit.ly/beebedungeontap

Here are some screenshots I shared previously (click to enlarge):
Dungeon Tap 1.0

PROMO CODES:

In the past, I just posted some promo codes which were taken very quickly, but I posted them under the condition that I get a rating/review in the AppStore. Unfortunately, most people who took codes didn't provide a rating/review, so this time I'm doing things a little different.

IF you're willing to leave a rating/review in the AppStore (it's easy, in fact, there's a button in-game that says 'Rate Dungeon Tap'), then please send an email to: jb.11xi85 [at] gmail.com and I'll be happy to send back a promo code asap! And contrary to what some believe, yes, you CAN redeem them from your device with the built-in App Store app.

If you tried it out, feel free to let me know what you think via email or as a reply to this thread! And for those new to Corona, I suggest downloading it to see yet another example (among the many from other members and myself) of what the Corona SDK can produce... and this is only the beginning :-)

Here's the iTunes link once again:

http://bit.ly/beebedungeontap
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 302710

MikeHart

MikeHart
  • Corona Geek

• 1,278 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Jonathan,

congratulations and good luck with you new app. Looks good.

Cheers
Michael
uid: 5712 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8048

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

I downloaded it and it is very addictive !

Congrats ! looks very well done ! ... the animations have their individual accents.

Carlos
uid: 24 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8076

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

@MikeHart and @carlos:

Thanks a lot for the encouragement! And glad you like it carlos, hopefully a lot of AppStore'ers will too :-)
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8112

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Still need more ratings/reviews in iTunes (not asking for 5 stars, just honest ratings), and I have promo codes still available... anymore takers?
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8120

Magenda

Magenda
  • Contributor

• 427 posts
  • Corona SDK

@jonbebe

Congratulations and good luck !
Consider better sound effects and onButtonPress animations/sounds, for the next version.

Just five-starred the app and wrote a review (will be visible after more reviews have sent).
uid: 7356 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8137

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for the feedback! Will definitely keep it all in mind for version 1.1... I'll definitely re-consider the sound fx as well.

So far so good with sales...
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8365

Devils

Devils
  • Observer

• 3 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello I downloaded your game. I am trying out Corona for the first time this is the 30 day trial I can't even get a project going I have tried following the guide in the website and tried watching the Youtube videos again but nothing. Can someone help?
uid: 8511 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8419

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

UPDATE: Working on a brand new update and making the gameplay WAY better. Will announce once it's finished and has been submitted.
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8443

mediakitchen

mediakitchen
  • Contributor

• 433 posts
  • Corona SDK

Would love to play and review this is you have any more promo codes paul at mediakitchen dot co dot uk

uid: 7863 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8467

3CordGuy

3CordGuy
  • Contributor

• 128 posts
  • Corona SDK

looks awesome Jon! video shows some smooth gameplay! Nice!

I sent you an email requesting a promo! I'll be sure to review too.
uid: 10361 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8546

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

I sent everyone who requested a promo code.

UPDATE: Almost finished with the update. We improved it by A LOT... I'll have a high quality gameplay video posted here once it's complete (while it's Waiting for Review). Don't worry, it won't be another cam-on-cam video this time.

So if you downloaded it, please keep it on your device until the update is approved!

Thanks for all who submitted a rating/review so far, I really appreciate it. Anymore takers?
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8547

3CordGuy

3CordGuy
  • Contributor

• 128 posts
  • Corona SDK

@jon

I've been tinkering around with the game a bit more, and though I'm not much of a fan of Doodle Jump'ers in general, I have to say the gameplay in your game is pretty smooth and comparable. I know you said you have a major update coming, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out! Good job once again.

BTW, I'll wait to rate in the new version :)
uid: 10361 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8823

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks! The new version is very close to being complete... It's a much more complete game now, much better overall.

If you want, you can rate it now and also rate the new version... You're allowed to submit a rating/review for each version and they all count towards the total--whatever you want to do.

Remember, for anyone who downloaded it, be sure to keep it installed so you can let me know what you think of version 1.1 when it's released! Once it's complete, I'll post a video of it in action.
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8824

dknell

dknell
  • Contributor

• 143 posts
  • Corona SDK

@jonbeebe,
I just bought Dungeon Tap and it's a lot of fun. Maybe I really suck at these types of games, but I keep dying very early in the game. :D

I'll post a rating shortly! Nice work!!!

Dave
uid: 8194 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8862

dknell

dknell
  • Contributor

• 143 posts
  • Corona SDK

One other thing, I have to close the app every time the share to facebook screen comes up because the login keeps failing and there is no close or cancel button. You might want to take a look at that...
uid: 8194 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8863

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

@dknell: Thanks for purchasing and for leaving a rating! Don't worry, the version I'm working on at the moment already addresses the Facebook web-popup closing issue, and makes the whole Facebook integration easier to bypass if that's not your thing.

I also made a ton of gameplay changes/improvements/additions (the platform scrolling speed is also much slower to make the game easier).

I'm really excited to get this new update out there, it'll be done really soon though, so don't delete the app off your device just yet!

Thanks again,

Jonathan Beebe
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8864

dknell

dknell
  • Contributor

• 143 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow!!! That icon is going to look GREAT in New and Noteworthy!!! :) The video looks really nice too? Can't wait to play the new version.

BTW - how did you do the video of a tilt-based game without using a camera? Did you put a hidden touch-controller or keyboard controller in your game for the video?
uid: 8194 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8875

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

@dknell: Unfortunately I missed my opportunity for New and Noteworthy, but I submitted the game to OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day again (which worked wonders for Doodle Dash!) so I'm hoping for Dungeon Tap to be approved.

As far as the video goes, I actually had to resort to using a jailbroken device and an app called DisplayRecorder ... it's the only app that'll record videos with support for OpenGL (so it produces decent framerates recording games, even though the framerate is still a little slower than the real thing).

It was really my only option for recording a video of a tilt-based game WITHOUT using a cam.
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8888

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Scratch the OF achievements for this version, I guess they don't work in Game Edition 2010.109 (I saw another thread about it, and I did extensive testing myself--Achievements don't work).

So unless a new GE release comes out before this update is approved, no achievements this time, but all the other new additions/changes/fixes still make 1.1 much better.
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8982

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dungeon Tap 1.1

UPDATE: The gameplay is finished for version 1.1 and I uploaded a video to YouTube of the upcoming Dungeon Tap 1.1, view it here:

(updated new video of 1.1 final - 10/27)

Please note that the framerate in the video is slower than actual gameplay, and the colors seem to be compressed as well. You can definitely see the gameplay and some of the new additions though.

VERSION 1.1 NOTES

Here are some of "What's New" in version 1.1:

• Escape Facebook dialogs if you accidentally end up there.

• When viewing high scores, you have an option to view either Facebook or OpenFeint.

• New chest object that gives a random effect: super hop, invincibility, extra life, destroy all enemies.

• The game automatically scrolls at a very slow pace, to open things up for slightly more strategic play (go as fast or as slow as you need to through each level).

• Sound/Music options panel

• Floating text above orbs when you pick them up, so you know how many points you earn from it (and allows you to keep track of your orb combos better).

• Added a little background story to the help section for those who want to read it.

• Added some more sound effects.

• Changed background music and fixed issues with iPhone 4

• Made sure all level environments show up properly on all devices.

• Replaced hearts on heads up display with a health meter.

• OpenFeint achievements added

• Various graphical improvements.

• Several bug fixes and performance updates.

• Updated game icon (looks MUCH better, see above).

• Probably other things I'm missing, this update is HUGE.

Version 1.1. isn't available in the App Store just yet, but I wanted to give everyone who downloaded it a preview because it is WAY WAY better than version 1.0 that's out now. I'll announce it when the update is approved.

Thanks again to all those who took a promo code or purchased so far!
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 8870

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dungeon Tap 1.1

UPDATE: Version 1.1. has officially been submitted to the App Store, and I have a brand new 2:52 minute video of the gameplay (different than the previous video):

----------

Please note that the framerate in the video is slower than actual gameplay, the colors seem to be compressed, and it even skips and jolts a few times. That's unfortunately a side-effect of recording straight from the device (my only option since it's a tilt-based game). It doesn't do any of that skipping, jolting, or lagging in-game though.

The purpose of the video is to show off some of the new gameplay elements to serve as a sneak peak while the update is in the review queue.

----------

All of the features listed (in reply #17) still apply, plus more, with an exception of OpenFeint achievements which won't be present until the NEXT version since they are broken in Game Edition 2010.109.

So once again, for anyone who downloaded v1.0, I know it's nothing like what you see in the 1.1 video, but PLEASE leave it installed so you can get 1.1 when it is approved.

Thanks again!

Jonathan Beebe

P.S. There's still more promo codes left for anyone who wants to leave a rating/review for version 1.0 :-)
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 9213

jonbeebe

jonbeebe
  • Contributor

• 511 posts
  • Corona SDK

Dungeon Tap 1.1 is now ready for sale!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-tap/id393526203?mt=8

This update improves on almost all aspects of 1.0, so I'm pretty excited about it. If you didn't get a promo code or purchase version 1.0, please contact me and I'll gladly give you a promo code in exchange for a rating/review.

For anyone who DID have version 1.0 and will be updating, I ask that you please submit another rating/review for this version if you have a spare moment.

Thank you very much for your support!
uid: 7849 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 10058

3CordGuy

3CordGuy
  • Contributor

• 128 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey! left you a positive review with a suggestion as well :)

Review by(jWeaver911)
How's the game going as far as downloads?

-josh
uid: 10361 topic_id: 2710 reply_id: 10399

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]