Sorry for keeping you waiting. I had trouble syncing your game from iTunes to my iPhone-3gs.
I spent some time trying to figure out the issue, but lost my patience.
I tried to buy it from appStore on my 3gs, but it wouldn't let me buy.
I got a message saying "iOS 4.3 is required" to install the game.
My 3gs is 4.2 - and I do not want to upgrade it.
>>>> Question: This is actually a surprise for me. I thought Corona supports iOS-3.x and later. Does Corona support only 4.3 or later?
Or, did you specify any minimum-iOS-version or something like that in your game (i don't know if such thing exists though) ?
So, I finally bought it from my wife's iPhone-4.
here is my feedback/.observations:
1. First of all, I actually like the game and the background track.
2. When I wanted to buy your game, I was outside, on 3G - no WiFi. As I am on 200MB download plan, the first thing I looked for was the size of the game. When I noticed that it is 18 MB, I did not want to buy it at that time. I bought it after 3/4 hours, after coming back to my home, where I have wifi. (If you did not follow it up, I would have forgot about it, and same thing can happen to others)
What I am trying to say is: may be reduce the size, so that who ever notices your game can download it immediately - even on 3G also. Try making it under 10MB if possible.
(My game was at 15MB. I have reduced it now to 9.8MB, by reducing the audio sample rate for BG-Music and sounds, reducing the image sizes that need not be crystal clear etc...)
Anyway, this is just my opinion.
3. After downloading the game, on iPhone4, it did not start first time, and second time. Splash screen came up and the app app dies.
4. As Peach said: You have to work on the circle around the money in the Icon, and the game also. When the circle turns to bus, it looked fine, but in the beginning it doesn't look good.
5. I personally do not have any problem with anything except the Icon and circle around the monkey. May be you need to consult a graphics expert to improve those. If you want, I can give you contact details of a person that I have used for my game.
Send me an email to my email address: @gmail.com
Coming to the game:
6. Yes it gets hard very quickly.
You said that its easy to get 1/2 bananas, but players are stubborn and wants to get all 3 bananas.
I think it is true. Even I wanted to get all three bananas. **** Because, below is what is mentioned in your game description in AppStore:
"Cheeky Monkey has lost all his bananas in a space journey. Can you help him get back them?"
So, I was trying to get as many bananas as possible, and I figured that getting 1 banana is easy but getting 2nd and 3rd bananas is very difficult - even in the starting levels.
I felt that getting all 3 is kind of impossible in some levels - especially in level-6 when're all three bananas are too close around the rocket. As soon as you get one banana, the rocket takes the monkey… It took time for me to figure out that you do not what to touch the rocket to get bananas - unless you what to fly.
May be keep some space more between the bananas and rocket.. otherwise, as soon as the rocket takes the monkey on first banana, the player will go to next level and will not learn the trick to get all bananas in that kind of situation.
Its actually a good sign that players are trying to get all the bananas...
7. level-8: I felt there is no way to get all 3 bananas. May be I can find it if had played that level for more time, but I felt I already spent a lot of time in that level and skipped to the next level.
8. Level-10: Getting the banana in the middle of those 8 black holes - felt like it is kind of impossible..
9. I did not understand on thing. Why is the monkey sliding downwards on the planet? Is that intentional and part of the game?
Sometimes when it jumps to another planet, it starts sliding and getting itself into a blackhole or hitting an asteroid.
I think you have implemented that sliding motion to show that planets move around themselves, but I think the movement is too fast. When the monkey jumps to another planet, it slides very fast and slips into a blackhole very quickly - leaving no time for player to stop it.
10. I think this one is important: Whenever I go to next level, or restart current level, there is a long pause.
By that I mean, music goes off, screen goes completely dark - for few seconds - leaving an impression that the app might have died.
More than that, I think its breaking the involvement in the game.
To be clear, when I was playing a level, I was getting involved in that game - due to the bg-music and the space graphics,
but as soon a level is replayed or go to the next level, I was loosing that involvement - mainly due to the long reload time and no-music.
I have played 12 levels till now. I will let you know if I find anything else later.
I hope it helps. Good luck.
uid: 63121 topic_id: 23641 reply_id: 95331