[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

App Rejected
Started by chadscc Dec 01 2009 10:20 AM

23 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

chadscc

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
chadscc
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Guests

Word Planet app rejected. No reason given. Oh Apple...
uid: 3396 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 300279

ruuzo

ruuzo
  • Enthusiast

• 31 posts
  • Guests

uh oh...what are you going to do? hey ansca, are you guys in contact with apple and know they are kosher with the way you've embedded lua?
uid: 4044 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 362

chadscc

chadscc
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Guests

Got an email...they had an issue with the icon...I've fixed it and resubmitted. It's under review again.
uid: 3396 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 368

Rob

Rob
  • Enthusiast

• 67 posts
  • Corona SDK

out of interest did you put powered by corona or anything similar on it?
uid: 2131 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 369

chadscc

chadscc
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Guests

No I did not.
uid: 3396 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 377

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

We do not require any attributions to Ansca, Corona, or force splash screen in your app.

Chad, sorry to hear that you got rejected by a bad icon!

Let us know when it is accepted.

Carlos
uid: 24 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 380

fpassa

fpassa
  • Contributor

• 151 posts
  • Corona SDK

As I saw other guys here were with the same problem. Could you please describe what was the fix that you made on the Icon file? RGBA, extension, size, etc

Regards
uid: 3022 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 558

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

I keep getting: "Icon.png: icon is not in the proper device format
Application failed codesign verification. Please see the console log for additional details"
I have tried every conceivable type of png and I still get the same message.
VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
Please tell - what is the magic formula Apple wants us to use?
uid: 2862 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 571

Jeff Johnson

Jeff Johnson
  • Contributor

• 132 posts
  • Enterprise

What screen are you at? Are you in the itunes connect where it wants the 512x512 image? I recommend not labeling that icon as 'icon.png'. Give it some other name.png. If you're building the app through corona, there shouldn't be anything interesting about the png file. I've created mine using photoshop on the default settings. 57x57px. Can you send me the icon file you're trying to use? info@anscamobile goes to me.
uid: 5 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 573

willsingleton

willsingleton
  • Enthusiast

• 55 posts
  • Corona SDK

thanks for your time & energy - I emailed you the file.
uid: 2862 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 580

chadscc

chadscc
  • Enthusiast

• 44 posts
  • Guests

Did you get this fixed? The problem is the icon.png has to be a certain type of PNG...if it's saved in photoshop wrong it gets rejected. If you are still having problems, email me the file(s) at gattaca8@mac.com and I'll fix it for you.
uid: 3396 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 649

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Hmmm,

I just tried to submit my very first app (using the ApplicationLoader, but that does not seem to matter - it just gives proper error messages compared to the web-based approach) and ran into the same problem: "###.app/Icon.png: icon is not in the proper device format".

The program run's fine on my iPhone, of course! Which means, that the "device" itself does NOT complain!

[Added]Btw: although the ApplicationLoader suggests to look into the "console log", because there of additional details, that step is not wroth the effort: from one line to the next the log switches from "###app: satisfies its Designated Requirement" to

"test-requirement: failed to satisfy code requirement(s)
codesign_wrapper-0.7.3: failed to execute codesign(1)"

Arggghh!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 919

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Sigh,

I used the built-in "Preview" tool to convert my "Icon.png" into an "Icon.jpg" and then back into an "Icon.png" again (in order to get rid of any potential meta-information in the PNG file). Afterwards, I rebuilt my application.

But my app is still rejected (for the same reason as before)

Buying Photoshop is not an option for me - there MUST be another solution for this ridiculous problem! (I really start hating this awful process with certificates, profiles, keys and all that stuff - I have no idea what I'm doing there...and that's usually a very bad sign!)

[Edit]I meanwhile tried both RGB and RGBA formats with 8 bit per component (leading to 24-bit and 32-bit files) - but without any success!

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 921

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Hmm.... is jpeg icon file 512*512?
uid: 24 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 922

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Did world planet get approved?

c
uid: 24 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 923

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Carlos,

I am not talking about the *large* icon, which is to be supplied separately through "iTunes Connect" - I am talking about the "Icon.png" file which is part of the app itself.

I could send you my image file - perhaps you are able to find out where the problem is?

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 925

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

Yes, please send us the file. info@anscamobile.com
uid: 24 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 927

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Carlos,

you may already fetch it at http://www.andreas-rozek.de/iPhone/ElectricTorch/Icon.png

Thanks in advance for your effort!

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 928

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Any new findings?

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 945

carlos m. icaza

carlos m. icaza
  • Corona Geek

• 2,992 posts
  • Alumni

looks fine....

do you have an original file? psd? that maybe i can save and see what the heck is going on

c
uid: 24 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 948

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Hmmm,

the icon has not been created on a Mac, but with a PC running Windows.

May I try *your* icon for a moment? Just to see if it's *really* an icon-related issue?

I currently have my doubts...(and already have my next (now non-trivial) application in the pipeline - now with ui elements which look and feel like native ones (navigation bar, tab bar, selection lists etc.)

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 949

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Well,

thanks to Carlos I now know that it is definitely *not* the icon which causes the trouble (the error message is completely misleading, see http://iphonedevelopmentfaq.com/view-question.php?id=95)

Now I don't know how to proceed...a few questions:

- there are "provisioning profiles" (let's call them PP) and "distribution profiles" (DP) - in order to submit an app to the App Store, do I have to build my app with the DP? and PPs are for local testing only?
- if yes (what I think): within Corona, my DP appears as "certificate not installed"
- after downloading, I copied my DP into the folder /Users//Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/ (note the term "Provisioning"!) is that correct? Or is there any other way of "installation"?

Unless I overlooked s.th., it might be worth adding some explanation between "Testing your App..." and "Submitting your App..." on page 18 of the "Device Build Guide" - because you definitely have to build the App again (with different settings)

Just to be complete: I am running (the paid version of) SDK 1.1 (hmmm, is there anything I have to tell Corona to let the SDK know that I have bought it?)

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 958

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

What I forgot,

the "Application Loader" still issues that "Icon is not in the proper format" error messages - just don't use it and submit your application using "iTunes Connect" instead!

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 992

Rozek

Rozek
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Guests

Yeah,

after a *really* loooooong period, I managed to get my "application" uploaded to the App Store (it's now waiting for review)!

Some hints for others:

- first of all: you need a "Development Provisioning Profile" for development and a "Distribution Provisioning Profile" for distribution. The "Development Provisioning Profile" requires a "Development Certificate" (a file called "developer_identity.cer"), while the "Distribution Provisioning Profile" needs a "Dsitribution Certificate" (called "distribution_identity.cer") - I had missed that in the very beginning of my "experiments"
- after "installing" the certificates (double-click the files and add them to your keychain), use the keychain manager to inspect them: both certificates must have a key associated with them - or Corona will complain "certificate not installed" all the time >= and THAT was my underlying problem. [edit] Don't ask me *why* my distribution certificate wasn't associated with a key...I just don't know!

It might be a good idea to revise the "Device Build Guide" and add the two points I mentioned above - it might save other people a lot of time and frustration!

Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek
uid: 4331 topic_id: 279 reply_id: 991

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]