[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

How can I set the application identifier? (not the application name)
Started by thegwill Sep 17 2010 05:22 AM

6 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

thegwill

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
thegwill
  • Contributor

• 103 posts
  • Corona SDK

I can't see how to build an app and set an app identifier that is different to the app name. Is this possible?
uid: 8353 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 302093

Tom

Tom

• 1,480 posts
  • Corona Staff

If I understand your question, the App ID is what you set on the Apple Dev site and is associated with your Development Provisioning Profile. When you build an app in Corona you specify the Profile in the Code Signing Identity, which is associated with the Apple App ID. This field allows you to select from multiple profiles.

This is from the Apple site:
"... Specify a single App ID for the Development Provisioning Profile. Each Development Provisioning Profile can specify only ONE App ID, therefore, if you have applications requiring different Keychain access, you will need to create a separate Development Provisioning Profile for each of those applications. If you are installing a suite of applications with the same required Keychain access or have a set of applications not requiring access to the Keychain, use an App ID containing the wild-card asterisk character to build all of your applications."

-Tom
uid: 7559 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 6260

thegwill

thegwill
  • Contributor

• 103 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for replying.

I was referring to the identifier column in the iPhone configuration tool. I don't think that's the same as what you mention.

When I "open for build" I kinda expected there would be 2 fields to specify both the app name and ID. Example:

App name = my app
App ID = com.mycompany.myapp

When I use the config tool all other apps listed have different values for the 2 fields.
uid: 8353 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 6270

Tom

Tom

• 1,480 posts
  • Corona Staff

The "App ID = com.mycompany.myapp" is defined in the Provisioning profile (developer.apple.com). If you select a build in Corona using that same profile, you should get that App ID.

-Tom
uid: 7559 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 6277

thegwill

thegwill
  • Contributor

• 103 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks, I'll give it a try
uid: 8353 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 6300

Rob2

Rob2
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

So....we can't use wildcard app ids...I just tried and I can't install the generated bundle on my device as it causes confusion over non existant CFBundleExecutable

I have always used wildcard app ids as it saves hundreds of visits to the dev portal...any fixes?
uid: 6086 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 7338

seanh

seanh
  • Plumber

• 263 posts
  • Corona Staff

We use wildcard provisioning profiles internally all the time. Can you describe the error that you're getting?
uid: 3 topic_id: 2093 reply_id: 10172

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]