[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Inneractive Ads - has anyone tried it?
Started by Naomi Dec 05 2011 03:23 AM

- - - - -
46 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Naomi

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey, XenonBL, thank you for posting your test result. That's good to know. I forwarded the link to your post to Orly at Innteractive. Maybe she'll get back to us. Let's hope the issue is being worked on.

Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 72849

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well I heard from an iPad tester tonight and she sent me some screen shots.

The iPad ads scale up proportionally. I didn't see any skewing. The one on my iPhone is centering properly using this code:

local adX = display.contentWidth / 2 - 160

On the iPad, the ad is shifted to the left a little bit. I suspect that its because of my math above.

uid: 19626 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 72858

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thank you, Rob, for sharing your experience. I'm still working out other parts of my game, so I haven't reworked the ads related code in my game, and I don't have first hand knowledge of what it looks like. That said, I wonder if it's the difference in the config.lua setup that causes the different results? Dunno.

Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 72867

BrightWaveGames

BrightWaveGames
  • Enthusiast

• 56 posts
  • Corona SDK

i have found that Inneractive Ads Crashes on older ios devices

i have a bug report post here:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/12/10/new-inneractive-ads-crashes-older-ios-devices
uid: 58777 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 72868

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just tried to do full screen ads during my loading screens between levels (well failed attempts at beating a level)

Sure enough it showed a full screen ad (well not really, it was just a banner taking up the full screen.....)

But it gave me a skip timer that after a few seconds turned into a skip link. However, it does not work. Tapping the "skip" does nothing.

Also I had set a timer that calls "ads.hide() after 30 seconds (the duration I said the ad would be there for before rotating, and it failed to hide the ad. Meanwhile in the background, my next level started playing (I have it on a timer too that if you don't tap the continue button, it continues for you.

So if I can't get rid of the full screen ad after a certain period of time, I'm not going to be able to use this.

Any inneractive engineers around to answer this? Any Corona SDK engineers around to answer why ad.hide() didn't hide the ad?

Thanks
Rob
uid: 19626 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73140

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey, Rob, thank you for the post. I am considering full screen ads between levels, so I'd like to hear how it is intended to work (and whether what you're trying to do is do-able, and if not, what might be the work around).

Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73167

CromaGames

CromaGames
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey Guys and XenonBL. Just tested the new inneractive banner and got the same results you have. On iPad we have a squashed banner. Hoping this can be solved asap to build a new version and move from inMobi.
uid: 61887 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73269

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Edit: A quick update from Orly at inneractive about the banner sizes here:

http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/11/27/inneractive-new-ad-network#comment-73195

--------------
Hey, Rob, thank you so much for the info. So... does this mean all iPhone banner ads (on portrait, I presume) is fixed at 380 x 50 now?

With the InMobi Ads API, it used to b 320 x 48 (which has, I hear, recently changed to 320x50 -- see http://developer.anscamobile.com/forum/2011/11/28/inmobi-trouble#comment-70715).

The thing is, I set aside 320 x 48 banner space at the bottom of all my game/level screens after I test-coded the InMobi banner ads to my game pretty early on (before I designed and implemented all 18 levels). It is going to be a real pain to add 2 more pixels (and shift objects) in each screen if I were to use InMobi Ads.

And 380 x 50 won't even fit in iPhone's 320 x 480 screen. (Could it be that 380 was a typo?)

Naomi

uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 72759

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

Two of my apps that use ads are now waiting for review at Apple. We will see how this changes things.

After a conversation I had with Orly, you need to have two AppID's. One for the iPhone and one for the iPad, so I added this code to my system to make sure the right AppID gets used with the right device....
local adNetwork = "inneractive"
local appID = "OmnigeekMedia_GameName_iPhone"
local model = system.getInfo("model")
if model == "iPad" or model == "iPad Simulator" then
    appID = "OmnigeekMedia_GameName_iPad"
end

ads = require "ads"
ads.init( adNetwork, appID )

Thought I would share.
uid: 19626 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73693

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thank you, Rob, for the info! I appreciate it!

Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73694

MBD

MBD
  • Contributor

• 388 posts
  • Corona SDK

We considered the Interactive ad network and Orly is most helpful. After a conversation with her I'm afraid based on their payout terms alone (68 days after the end of the month served) which I think could end up being 3 months total after you start your campaigns, you'll get a check.

Most other ad networks (that aren't mediated like Interactive) provide NET30 or even NET15 terms..

That is sort of a deal killer for us at the moment. If they ever change that, we'll consider it more closely.

uid: 9046 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73802

tsuriyathep

tsuriyathep
  • Enthusiast

• 96 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've tried both for a month now. So in my own experience: Even tho inneractive has a higher fill rate its pay is lower. Inmobi has a lower fill rate but higher pay. I like that inneractive has a rep here and faster response time, ads also seem less buggy. Inmobi has never shown an ad on any Android device for some reason.

But as of now, pay-wise it looks like things will turn out around the same. I will stick with inneractive now since Corona seems like it will put more support behind it.
uid: 99244 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73810

orly

orly
  • Enthusiast

• 67 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share with you an article by Techcrunch with inneractive's info graphic and insights:
http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/15/in-mobile-advertising-does-size-matter/

This article is talking about the differences between screen size and its affect on CTR.

Would love to hear comments about it :)
uid: 109623 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 73932

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

Here are a few interesting tidbits....

First, while not inneractive vs. inmobi related, I submitted 3 of my four apps to the app store after 11pm on Tuesday of this week. All three were reviewed and approved by 7pm yesterday. What a fast, fast turn around for Apple!!!!

So with 2 of the 3 apps that I uploaded, I switched from inMobi to inneractive figuring it couldn't get worse. The 3rd game is the full version of Omniblaster since I want to keep the lite version and full version at the same release point. My other ad driven app, I hope to get out this weekend.

Any way, in 14 hours of the new apps being up, I've made 8% of my total inMobi earnings and I've been with inMobi since Ansca launched them a few months ago (what like August or so?).

That seems impressive, nearly 10% at this pace, I'll do more with inneractive in 10 days than I did with inMobi in over 100 days. But here's an interesting factoid that makes this number even more staggering.... only 3% of my free apps have been updated and have only 15 hours under their belt.

Yea, I'm a little bit excited about this....

And my fill rate...... 100%

I can't get too excited, because these games are aging and people tend to not play older games, so there will be an initial surge, but I'm thinking this may work for other apps and new games going forward.

uid: 19626 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 74200

Omnigeek Media

Omnigeek Media
  • Corona Geek

• 2,975 posts
  • Corona SDK

Quick update....

It's official. It took 3 days of being with inneractive to make what I had done with inMobi in 4 months. I've gotten a fill rate of over 99% since switching.

Now its still not enough money to even count yet. But as my free apps continue to update, there is a glimmer of hope that this ad provider will actually make revenue in future apps.

Unfortunately for me, games have a shelf life for the post part and my current games are not getting the play they did before. But as I move towards new games, I'm hopeful that and ad supported roll will be useful.
uid: 19626 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 74625

ir8primates

ir8primates
  • Contributor

• 190 posts
  • Corona SDK

Has anyone tested Inneractive on Android? I have tried both the banner and text ads, but I don't get any hint of a banner and with where the text ad would be, I get a solid white line that fades in and out on the intervals. Thanks
uid: 54716 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 75408

orly

orly
  • Enthusiast

• 67 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey guys,

I wanted to update you (in case you haven't seen it yet) that we have deployed new version of the dashboard and you can now add your payment details inside the dashboard (settings tab).

Let me know if you need anything and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
uid: 109623 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 77560

Naomi

Naomi
  • Corona Geek

• 2,303 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey, Orly, thanks for the update.

I also saw your post, where you mention "I was actually thinking of opening my own forum - might do that."

I think it's a great idea. Would be nice if you could start a forum post/thread all about Inneractive Ads where you may list a laundry list of frequently asked questions, known issues and workaround for them (if the workaround exists), etc., and keep editing/updating with the latest info. And we (users) could post questions and new issues under the post. It would be nice to have a place where we can always go to and get the latest info. Anyhow, just a thought.

Cheers,
Naomi
uid: 67217 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 77642

@RSCdev

@RSCdev
  • Corona Geek

• 1,489 posts
  • Corona SDK

I agree with Naomi.

+1 for a specific forum area for Inneractive - @Orly.
Cheers,
Rodrigo.

uid: 89165 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 77650

orly

orly
  • Enthusiast

• 67 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey guys,

As you have all requested ....
Here is a link to dedicated inneractive forum which will have all the information about inneractive, benefit plans, new updates, infographics and many more interesting things. Feel free to say hi
http://developer.anscamobile.com/node/19981
uid: 109623 topic_id: 18652 reply_id: 77810

@RSCdev

@RSCdev
  • Corona Geek

• 1,489 posts
  • Corona SDK

It`s just great Orly & Ansca!

Thanks.
Cheers,