A Fuse Powered Company

[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Use native.showPopup("appStore") to show a list of apps by a developer?
Started by sirnemo May 30 2013 08:04 AM

- - - - -
3 replies to this topic
store native.showpopup appstore apple google play app wall
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

sirnemo

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
sirnemo
  • Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Jedi

Is it possible to show all Apps for a specified developer in a device specific store? It looks like there are not enough "options" for this to happen, so I've tried just pointing to a web address, but that hasn't worked either.

ANDROID: 

Using the web pop up, if I use "market://search?q=pub:<publisher_name>", I see a white flash, and nothing happens.

Using "http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:<publisher_name>" brings up a web view, which I don't want. I'd like to have Google Store show up.

Using the normal appStore code for native.showPopUp, it looks like there is only an option for linking one specific app.

In Grooh, a Corona created app, I see a button that opens up the Google Store with a "pub:<publisher name>" search term.

APPLE:
On my iPad, I get a flash when trying to use showWebPopUp, then nothing. It may have worked on my iPad Mini, but for some reason my Mini doesn't want to connect to the internet so I can't be sure.

It works perfectly on "Grooh," whatever they did, is what I'd like to do. :D

Here's the code that does not work:

local model = system.getInfo("model")
local options =
{
   iOSAppId = "123456789", --Placing Developer ID instead of App ID does not work.
   androidAppPackageName = "pub:PublisherName", --"Publisher+Name" does not work either
   supportedAndroidStores = {"google"},
}
local function showAppWall(self, event)
    if ( string.sub( model, 1, 2 ) == "iP" ) then 
        -- We are an iOS device of some sort
        native.showWebPopup("https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/publisher-name/id123456789")
        --native.showPopup("appStore", options)
    else
        --We must be on Android
        native.showWebPopup( "market://search?q=pub:Publisher+Name" )
        --native.showWebPopup( "http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:PublisherName" )
    end
end

Any ideas how I can launch the Apple/Google Store, showing a specific developer's apps? It's been done before so I know it's possible! :-(

sirnemo

sirnemo
  • Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Jedi

Okay, better question... can I show multiple apps in a native list with native.showPopUp?  :huh:

CraftyDeano

CraftyDeano
  • Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Jedi

Try and replace native.showPopUp() with system.openURL() - That should do what you're looking for. 

sirnemo

sirnemo
  • Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Jedi

Ack it was so simple! :D Thank you, that does the trick!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: store, native.showpopup, appstore, apple, google, play, app, wall