[TOPIC: post.html]

ksan

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
ksan
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Jedi

Strange issue on 1127. I was trying to build and run some sample apps on the device. Seems to build ok. Transferring to device over cable the process seems to get stuck. So I tried loading from web method and then I see the dreaded "Parse Error : There is a problem parsing the package" error. 

Funny thing is... I seem to be ok building and loading my project but not the CL samples. I tried 2 or 3 samples all with the same outcome. I rebooted my Mac, pulled the battery out of my Android device and repeated the whole process. Same result.

Not an urgent issue for me as I was simply trying to see something on device but thought I should report this in case there is a problem with 1127. 

Regards,

Kerem

phil.s

phil.s
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Jedi

I had this with an Galaxy S3 over testflight.  I think in the end I changed the build option to Samsung from google play and it worked.  Only seemed to happen on the S3 though not other samsung.  Maybe this will help maybe not?! 

ksan

ksan
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Jedi

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try and see how that goes. It is strange in that this issue seems to be affecting some of the sample code I tried but not my app which is great!  :)

Tom

Tom
  • Corona Staff
  • 1,368 posts
  • Jedi

Which sample apps did you have problems running?

The Google vs. Samsung switch only affects the "target store" parameter used to specify the app store name -- it's doesn't affect anything with the build process.

phil.s

phil.s
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Jedi

I thought my "fix" was a bit of a fluke.  This just confirms it!

ksan

ksan
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Jedi

Hi Tom, 

CoronaEmailSMS sample was the first to give me the trouble. I have observed a problem in the email function in my app (which loads fine) and wanted to see if the sample exhibits the same glitch. I will make a separate thread or bug report about this once I manage to get the sample to run on my device. 

Regards,

Kerem

ksan

ksan
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Jedi

I updated to Build 1133 and tried this again. The problem is still there and now my app also seems to be affected similarly. I'm don't think this is something to do with my Android device as it was working just fine until I first encountered this issue with CL Samples... 

Anyways, here's a link to ComposeEmailSMS sample as built on my system for Android.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16928994/ComposeEmailSMS.apk

Tom, if you could try to load this onto your Android device and see if you have the same problem I would much appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Kerem

ksan

ksan
  • Pro
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Jedi

Just to try to get to the bottom of this... I downgraded my Mac to Build 1123. Built CoronaEmailSMS sample and loaded it again. Same result. I built my app and loaded it up. It loads! 

I then came back to 1133 and my app built with 1133 still loads! This is good news since I can continue developing and testing my app. No idea why the samples will not load.

cytronix

cytronix
  • Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hi

I had same problem with my Huawei p6, after playing with corona settings on build for android form, I found the problem is because of my package name, after changing the default package name, every thing was ok!

patso

patso
  • Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Jedi

I had the same problem. It was caused by symbol "_" I used in my package name. It should be only letters, I suppose.

monical

monical
  • Starter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

thanks patso.  that fixed my issue.

besnikrama

besnikrama
  • Pro
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I solved the problem, by giving the name of project with letters not numbers. 

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]