Million Tile Engine Beta v0.980
http://gum.co/staO - 24.99
The Million Tile Engine is a Lua library which was designed with one goal in mind: to allow you as a developer to build enormous tile maps in Tiled and run them at full speed on almost any device. 1000 tiles, 10,000 tiles, 100,000 tiles, 1,000,000 tiles, the only constraint on map size is device memory.
MTE features powerful integrated function calls for performing many common tasks such as moving sprites, altering the tile map, accessing Tiled objects and properties, and more.
The enormous world maps and platforming stages we've yearned to create are finally within easy reach.
- Unlimited tile layers.
- Unlimited tilesets / imagesheets.
- Unlimited map size.
- Blazing-fast performance.
- Levels - organize Layers into multiple ground/sprite/roof ‘sandwiches’ in one map.
- Managed sprite movement functions.
- Managed camera scrolling functions.
- Easily link the camera to a sprite.
- Conversion functions- screen position to level position to map location and back again.
- Tile animations from map properties.
- Layer scale and parallax from map properties.
- Functions for retrieving all tile, map, object, and layer data.
- Dynamically scale, rotate, tint, and fade tiles, layers, and the whole map.
- Easy world wrap.
- Supports Square and Rectangular tiles.
- Independently scale layers in the X and Y direction.
- Scale-independent parallax.
- Supports tiles which have been flipped or rotated from within the Tiled editor.
- Easily create Physics bodies from Tiled Objects and Tiles using properties!
- Create incredible Isometric Maps!
- Load directly from Tiled TMX ( XML, Base64(Uncompressed), CSV ) files!
- Load tileset properties directly from Tiled TSX files!
- Create physics shapes in PhysicsEditor and apply them to tiles using Tiled properties.
- Tile lighting! Torches, anyone?
- Rewritten and optimized core functions for improved performance and flexibility.
- A new system for handling offscreen physics interactions.
- Updated documentation, new tutorials, new sample projects.
Sonic the Hedgehog - Finale:
High speed platforming action utilizing very large, detailed tiles! One of three platforming samples included with Million Tile Engine version 0.8
A multilayered castle map using the Million Tile Engine's advanced perspective effect. Locking the camera to a sprite is as easy as calling mte.setCameraFocus(). Moving a sprite in relation to the map with easing, independent of screen pixel resolution or even app resolution, is also just a single line: mte.moveSpriteTo(). This demo is included in the Million Tile Engine download.
This MTE sample project demonstrates the Tile Lighting system new in version 0.943. This sample is included in the MTE download along with the others.
A demonstration of newly enabled physics support for the ellipse, polygon, polyline, and box objects in Tiled, as well as the optional vector display of those objects. The physics forces have been amped up in this video for effect.
A quick run-through of one of MTE's newest sample projects: IsometricStoryboardTMX. The new project demonstrates the new Isometric map support, changing maps via Corona's storyboard API, and loading directly from Tiled TMX files.
Castle Demo runs at 60fps on the iPad2 and 30fps on the iPhone4 and the iPhone3GS. The Million Tile Engine can reach all segments of the market regardless of device performance.
120,000 tiles… on an iPhone 3GS:
Tile culling is the magic behind a successful tile engine. This 120,000 tile map was only possible because of the Million Tile Engine's sophisticated culling system. Maps can be made much larger, too. The only limit to map size is the device's memory.
Multilayered map with traditional flat view:
Everything in this video is in a single map, including the underground portions. The Million Tile Engine stores map layers in display groups, allowing developers to hide and reveal entire layers as needed.
The Million Tile Engine doesn’t merely animate tiles, it synchronizes those animations.
Advanced Perspective and Layer Lighting:
It's Corona SDK, yet it has a 3D effect. Make your game stand out!
Zooming, Fading, and Tinting:
MTE includes convenient functions for altering the alpha channel and color of tiles, layers, levels or the whole map simultaneously, and a convenient function for zooming in and out on the map.
Reserved Tiled Properties:
Sprite Object Properties and Methods:
Tile Object Properties and Methods:
Tilesets, Map Structure, Getting Started:
These are non-functional sample projects including all required assets except for the MTE engine file.
Platformer - Angled Floors with Physics:
Platformer - Sonic Finale:
http://gum.co/staO - 24.99